Businesses are being urged to position themselves to win Defence, aerospace and space industry supply work with a new round of State grants.
The Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund is intended to help Queensland SMEs develop their capabilities and compete for national and international Defence and aerospace industry contracts.
Applications are now open for funding to support international and industry certification. This round will close at 5pm on Friday, February 19.
The Round 2 grants are available to support SMEs to obtain certification of their business operations, goods or services to international industry-specific requirements in accordance with the guidelines.
Grants from $5,000 to $30,000 (excluding GST) in matched funding will be awarded to approved applicants.
Townsville-based TEi services was a recent recipient of a Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund grant, helping it to get certification-ready as a platform to qualifying for Defence contracts.
“We’ve recently been audited by Rheinmetall Defence Australia to prepare for the Land 400 Phase Two, following many years of work on our systems and certifications in preparation,” business development manager Adam Packer said in an update on the company website.
“The next step in the process is getting certified with the German Government to support the Rheinmetall supply chain networks.
“By developing our capabilities, we’re able to compete for national and global supply chain opportunities.
“So, we could be building components to go to Hungary, Germany or anywhere across the globe which is really great for a small Townsville business.”
Recipients of the first round of the fund in 2020 included:
- Boss Investments Australia (Gold Coast)
- Brazier Motti (Townsville)
- Eveready Group of Companies (Mackay)
- Fleet Industries (Yeppoon)
- GJR Technologies (Brisbane)
- Global Welding Supplies (Townsville)
- Joe Wagner Group (Toowoomba)
- NEM Group (Townsville)
- Peak ARE (Townsville)
- Praxis Aerospace (Brisbane)
- Products for Industry (Brisbane)
- Protonautics (Brisbane)
- PWR Performance Products (Ormeau)
- Taylor Builders (Townsville)
- TEi Services (Townsville)
- Townsville Services Group (Townsville)
- Upton Engineering and Manufacturing (Gladstone)
- VE Group (Moura)